A little more about the benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
The 3 most nutritionally important Omega-3 fatty acids which mentioned earlier fall into the group of polyunsaturated fat are:
Eicosapentaenoic acid – EPA
Docosahexaenoic acid – DHA
Alpha- linolenic acid – ALA
There are 2 fatty acids that are classified as ‘Essential’ these are:
Alpha- linolenic – ALA (as above)
Linoleic acid – Omega -6
These fatty acids are called essential because the body is unable to manufacture them on its own and because they play a fundamental role in several psychological function.
Dietary sources of linoleic acid in high concentration include corn oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil, and canola oil.
Omega-3 fatty acids have many health benefits and research has proven that they can:
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Prevent and reduce the symptoms of depression
- Protect against memory loss and dementia
- Ease arthritis, joint pain and inflammatory skin conditions
- Improve the condition of brittle hair and nails and dry itchy skin
- Support a healthy pregnancy
- Help and prevent high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes
Omega-3 fatty acids are found in high concentration in the brain. Research indicates that they play a vital role in cognitive function (memory, problem solving activities) as well as emotional health. Such fat therefore can help fight fatigue, sharpen your memory and balance your mood.
Do you want to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle? Ready to get results?
Why wait? Take action NOW and hire me as your Personal Life Coach.
It’s easy as 1 2 3 to get started:
- Choose your Coaching Package.
- Complete the required form.
- I will contact you within 24 hours to schedule our first session.
Done! Congratulations, you have just taken your first step to changing your life.