We earlier looked at Margarine and exposed the truth about the destructive process in which it is made. Now let’s look at Raw Butter and Margarine in more detail and unveil some interesting facts on these fats! Why Butter is Better and if it’s Raw even more? Raw butter is a completely natural food made from the fatty portion of raw milk. The raw milk comes from cows that are fed in lush green pastures where they happily roam free. This is an important factor in the quality of the raw milk because a healthy environment produces a rich, nutritionally dense, unprocessed milk.
The only thing that is added to the milk to make butter, is grass fed raw cream. This is usually churned by farmers who value the excellence of organics. There is every reason in the world why you should include Raw Butter as a healthy fat in your diet and here is why:
- Raw Butter is rich in the most easily absorbable form of vitamin A which is necessary for a wide range of functions including thyroid, good vision and adrenal health.
- Raw butter contains a mixture of many different short and medium chain fatty acids more than 500 to be exact. This includes a category known as glycospingolipids which help to prevent gastrointestinal infection especially in children and the elderly. 15 per cent of fatty acids found in butter are of the short and medium chain variety. They are used by the vital organs for energy and are not stored as fat in the body. This means that raw butter can be used as part of your weight loss programme.
- Raw Butter is rich in saturated fats (about ⅔) which have strong anti-tumour, anti-cancer properties. Plus Monounsaturated fats (just under ⅓) and the remainder is Polyunsaturated fat. Grass fed cows produce milk fat with an equal and balanced ratio of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. This is important for brain function, healthy skin and prostaglandin balance.
- Raw Butter is a rich source of vital minerals including selenium which is a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants protect against free radicals and weakening arteries. It is also an excellent source of the highly absorbable form of Iodine.
- Raw Butter contains the all -important CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) which is a potent anti-cancer agent immunity booster and muscle builder.
- An excellent source of vitamin E, K2 and D, all essential for calcium and phosphorus absorption for strong bones and teeth. Also Raw Butter contains high levels of carotene which gives it its healthy yellow colour.
- A source of Activator X which helps the body absorb and utilise essential minerals. Dr Weston A Price found Activator X (also recognised as vitamin K2) in organ meats from K1 grass-rich grazing animals. (the fermentation process in the animal’s stomach converts the vitamin K1 to K2). (put link)Activator X is essential for optimal bone, brain and nervous system development.
- Raw Butter contains Lauric Acid, Butyric Acid and Arachidonic Acid. Lauric acid is a potent anti-microbial and anti-fungal agent. Preliminary research has shown Butyric acid promotes some kind of cancer cells to undergo apoptosis or programmed cell death. Arachidonis Acid is important for brains function, healthy skin, prostaglandin balance and a vital component of cell membranes.
- Raw Butter contains cholesterol which actually is a powerful antioxidant and protects against heart disease. Cholesterol is required by the body to maintain intestinal health. It also assists with brain and nervous system development in children.
- Raw Butter and Raw Cream are the only source of a hormonal-like substance which protect against joint stiffness and hardening of arteries.
Why Moving from Margarine has to be the done deal! Margarine is touted as a product which lowers cholesterol and blood pressure, is good for weight loss and will miraculously improve your overall health. If you have read my earlier article on raw facts on raw milk you will quickly see why such claims are a bunch of garbage and here’s why:
- All margarines are made from poor quality vegetables oil in factories usually from genetically modified (GM) crops that have been sprayed with pesticides. The big 4 GM crops are soy, rapeseed/canola and corn.
- Nasty trans fats are formed during the process of hydrogenation. Trans fat contribute largely to chronic disease such as cancer, heart disease, hormonal imbalance, obesity, bone problems and a host of other health problems.
- The industrial processing of vegetable oil under high temperatures produce free radicals which can cause cancer.
- Unsafe and hazardous food additives are added to margarine such as emulsifiers (to wash out the foul chemical odours) and BHT (Butulated Hydroxytoluene) to prevent fat spoilage. Due to the serious health concern about BHT it is banned in countries like Japan, Romania, Sweden and Australia. Read more
- Synthetic vitamins are added to margarines and spreads and have a detrimental effect on your body. they are not identical in the atomic structure as a naturally occurring vitamin. They can thicken the arterial wall of the heart quite considerably (as with synthetic vitamin C) and suck the vitamins and minerals from your bones (as with synthetic vitamin E).
- Harmful ingredients are added to margarine such as artificial flavours. Sterols, bleach (Fuller’s earth which is found in cat’s litter), degumming acids, soy protein isolate (MSG). These ingredients can lead to digestive problems, thyroid dysfunction and other serious health problems.
- Hexane and Sterols are added to margarine. Hexane is derived from crude oil and is highly toxic. Sterols are added to margarine and spreads to lower cholesterol levels. They are oestrogen compounds that can cause endocrine problems.
Now that you know the facts about butter and margarine the only remaining question is why can I get my hands on some butter? Raw of course! The best butter you can buy is raw organic butter directly from the farm. If you can’t buy raw get it from the store, make sure it is 100% organic butter from grass-fed cows. Some goods brands include:
- Kerrygold from an Irish diary
- Anchor from New Zealand
- Green packaged Organic Valley is the only 100% butter from grass fed cows
Trying making your own Raw Butter, there is loads of information on the web to help you get started and SharingSelf-Improvement.com welcomes contributions from expert butter makers, so spread it around in our Community forum. For sources of raw milk Read Here A good resource for raw butter visit here: If you care about your health, make what you eat matter! Previous Page ← Raw Facts on Raw Butter Next Page → Raw Facts on Raw Milk
Do you want to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle? Ready to get results? Why wait? Take action NOW and hire me as your Personal Life Coach. It’s easy as 1 2 3 to get started:
- Choose your Coaching Package.
- Complete the required form.
- I will contact you within 24 hours to schedule our first session.
Done! Congratulations, you have just taken your first step to changing your life.