Spirituality and Prayer
We have looked at the meaning of Spirituality previously, so will now continue on how it relates to different aspects of our lives, beginning with Prayer.
What is Prayer?
Prayer is simply a conversation with God.
Prayer is very powerful and very personal. I use the term personal because I believe it is a means of connecting and nurturing your own relationship with God or by whatever name you give your Higher Power.
Prayer is very private and can create a sacred space to commune with God. It can also create the condition to alter your emotional and mental state. Prayer does change your vibrational frequency and open the portals of your subtle etheric body to Spirit. In others words, you become aligned or One with your Spiritual nature and connect with God.
How to Pray?
There are as many answers to this question as there are churches. However at Sharing Self-Improvement we believe the more you develop a loving and compassionate relationship and understanding of Self, the more comfortable you will feel in choosing you own path to Prayer.
There are many formal ways to pray but the essence of prayer should not be lost in dogma or formality. Prayer is about where your heart is as you connect with the Divine.
God is not worried if you are cleaning up the house while talking to Him. He is not concerned if you have on an old saggy sweater while you are sharing intimate moments with Him. That would be ridiculous, yet there are some who believe their external attire is some sort of prerequisite to enter the house of God. You are the House of God because God is within. It is that simple.
With that said there is nothing more beautiful and peaceful then setting up a sacred place designated for Prayer. And even more liberating is setting time aside daily just for you to connect deeply with your Divine Mother/Father God.
Your Sacred Place
In this quiet, sacred place there is Peace. There is space for you to breath. To listen and submerge yourself in the softness of that silent moment. To listen to the beat of your heart and journey to the furthest reaches of your Inner Kingdom. To harmonise with Heaven and synchronise with your Soul. To reconnect with Self. To embrace and be embraced by God. This is where the magic begins!
Prayer used in this way is the ultimate expression because as you commune with God in your sacred place, you synonymously nurture you. Physically, mentally, psychologically and spiritually you make time and space to balance and heal. This is the power of Prayer.
So now let’s begin to make your sacred space. We are going to set up a Prayer table . Why a Prayer table? Whether it is a table or an area, or a prayer mat, they all help in creating that space to help get you centred.
Choose an area in your home where you will not be disturbed. A small space is all that is required. Your space should be clean and comfortable and free of negative energies. Try therefore to choose a space with no negative associations, and somewhere you enjoy being. Does this place make you smile when you think about it? If so, it is probably a good choice.
Your area should be as quiet as possible and ideally close to a window so you can enjoy the sound and sensation of the wind as it blows gently. (not applicable in the UK during November to February unless you enjoy the sensation of frost bite!!)
The beauty of a Prayer table is that you choose what to put on it. If you have not done this before, I hope you are comfortable following these simple steps to get you going:
Your Prayer Table:
- A small square wooden table. Wood works best though not to worry if your table is plastic or metal. In Chinese medicine,wood is one of the the five element of Chi. Those with a strong energy of the Wood element have a clear vision and goals and know how to bring them into being.
- A white satin table cloth. White in most traditions and practices including Rheiki is associated with Truth, Purity, Cleansing, Healing, and Protection. It is also corresponds with the Crown Chakra (Sahasrara).
- Four Candles. Your candles should be positioned on the four corners of your table. It represents the four cardinal directions North, South, East and West. The Bible, Ancient and Eastern traditions all reference symbolic meaning of the four corners of the Earth. If you are working on your Chakras use the correct candle colour to correspond with the particular Chakra.
Candles represent Fire.
The ancient Celts associated fire with transformation. In the bible the Lord appeared to Moses as fire. In Chinese medicine the fire element provides warmth, enthusiasm and creativity.
- Small decorative glass bottle filled with water. Water is a symbol of Life. It cleanses and heals and has the quality of purification. Water is also a strong generative force with the capacity to flow good things to your life.
- A plant or flowers. This represent the Earth. Goddess. Divine Mother Earth with her life-giving and nurturing properties providing a safe shelter for your abode. Also represents the forces of nature where law and intelligences function on every level.
“Allow nature’s peace to flow in to you as sunshine flows in to trees”.
- Essential Oils, Gems, Crystals, Oil burners, incense etc. Last but by no means least the Spiritual significance of crystals, gems, oils and the like should not be under-estimated. Just as plants and minerals in nature draw on each other for nourishment, you too can receive the healing and transformative energies transmitted from this powerful source. They are perfect for working on your Chakras. There are hundreds of websites that give lots of good information and tips but I like this one. Click here to check it out.
Now that your Prayer table is all prepared, let’s polish up the prayers!
Once again there are hundreds of ways to pray. Remember Prayer is a conversation with God. In its purest essence God has no name. He, She or Thee therefore is certainly not offended by how you call their name. The important thing is to get comfortable in the way you reference God.
There are many Ancient traditions, Eastern and Western philosophies, New Age Religions, Traditional Religion and seekers of Spirituality that it would be impossible for one particular way of Praying to be better or superior than the other.
In addition to prayer, meditation has a similar calming effect and can help centre you. And it may surprise you to know that technology can impact your electro-magnetic field and increase your sense of Spiritual connection? LifeFlow Meditation 2.0 is a brain entrainment system that according to scientist, is one of the most powerful tools for accelerating your personal growth.
Incorporating this technology can enhance your sense of well-being, reduce stress, alter your emotional state and yes, help you experience a deeper Spiritual connection (plus a list of other benefits). Click the LifeFlow Meditation 2.0 link to find out more and how brainwave technology is used to create frequencies that impact and resonate the body at a cellular level.
Or if you prefer, sign up for your free meditation course Now to see how this remarkable brainwave entrainment can seriously improve your life! Simply click the image below. You’ll be glad you did. 🙂
Prayer for Peace
- Father Mother/God Beautiful One, your place of abode is in my heart, fill me with Divine power, teach me your ways, make me whole and bring Peace to all parts of my life. May peace be upon me and mine as we continue on this journey.
- Lord make me an instrument of your peace. I pray that peace is in my heart everyday and manifests in my life. Please take away all turmoil and negativity around me and let peace flow abundantly.
Prayer for Strength
- I know you are my friend dear God. I know that you love me and are always by my side. Even in moments of despair dear Lord I know you are still here guiding and protecting me and shining your light to help me see my way home.
Prayer for Humanity
- Mother/Father God help me to be of service to humanity and works towards the good of all people. Help me to bring light and love and hope to my fellow being.
Prayer for Love Ones
- God, please take every single step with my kids. Protect them from all harm. Guide them on their journey and shine your Light on everything they do. Help them to be strong and to always seek solace in your kind and loving arms. Kiss them gently each night before they sleep and greet them with warmth and understanding each morning. Help them to reach their fullest potential and live life from a position of greatness because that’s who they are. Bless them dear God and always keep them safe.
Prayer for Success
- Divine God I know that I am an all-powerful being. Help me to unite every thought with will, to achieve my goals and dreams in perfect harmony. Guide me to realise my higher and sacred purpose on this earth. May I be a vessel through which you transmit greatness.
- God help me to succeed in my job application. I think I would be great for that post and it is in the perfect location. The guy at reception who gave me the application form looked really cute and I’d love to get to know him if he’s available. It would be so nice to buy my mum that dress she was going on about today, working two jobs is really taking its toll on her and I would really like to help her with the bills and stuff like that. God I worked so hard to finish my degree and I deserve to get that job. I really hope you will help me. I love you.
I hope you are getting the idea. Prayer is personal, make it fit you.
I thought I would end this section on Prayer with a world famous Prayer that truly captures some beautiful spiritual values:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; enjoying one moment at a time; accepting
hardships as the pathway to peace; taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him forever in the next. Amen.
I pray that as you read the words of this page and throughout the website, you are guided to a life of good health, happiness, prosperity and peace. I pray that Spirituality is at the core of your being lighting your path to great success, loving relationships, an abundance of wealth and fulfilment of all your dreams. May God bless you always.
Do you want to achieve your goals and transform your life? Ready to get results?
Why wait? Take action NOW and hire me as your Personal Life Coach.
It’s easy as 1 2 3 to get started:
- Choose your Coaching Package.
- Complete the required form.
- I will contact you within 24 hours to schedule our first session.
Done! Congratulations, you have just taken your first step to changing your life.