I have already written a whole section on Health but on this page, I wanted to talk about the topic and how it relate to Spirituality. I thought it important to emphasise how Spirituality is as much pragmatic and practical as it is esoterical. It is the application of both approaches that will truly bring about the desired outcome.
At Sharing Self-Improvement the use of the term health applies to the health of your body as well as the health of your mind. One is synonymous with the other although on this page there is a greater emphasis on the health of your body.
“The wish for healing has always been half of health“.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca
“Healthy people are those who live in healthy homes on a healthy diet; in an environment equally fit for birth, growth, work, healing and dying… Healthy people need no bureaucratic interference to mate, give birth, share the human condition and die”.
The above quotes capture the importance of taking care of your health from a mind, body and Spirit perspective. Having great Spiritual finesse is fool-hardy in the face of failing health. Feeding the intellect of your mind is futile in the absence of a strong healthy body in which to fully experience the knowledge.
I see so many good people flock to church on a Sunday, or busy themselves to make Juma’ah on a Friday. Sincere seekers of Spiritual enlightenment spending hours and hours meditating with incense and essential oils. And the one thing too many of them have in common? Obesity, overweight, unhealthy choices and some with health conditions as long as your arm.
The more overweight your are the more you are likely to suffer from the following conditions:
- Heart Disease and Stroke
- Angina and High blood pressure
- Gallbladder disease and gall stones
- Sleep Apnea (cessation of breath during sleep)
Did you know that if you are 40% overweight, you are twice as likely to die prematurely compared to a healthy weight person?
Even if you are just overweight says a recent Canadian report, there is no such thing as a fat and healthy person. The ‘benign obese’ are still more likely to die younger than those with a normal BMI, despite being metabolically healthy. The Canadian research based on studies dating back to the 1950’s was published in the Annals of Internal Medicine.
Being overweight robs you of the joys of living a full, rich, happy and healthy life. You are far less likely to go on holiday, go for walks, socialise with family and friends, take up a new sport or hobby, get active with your child or your peers.
Overweight is a contributor of stress. Read more:
With all that in mind, think about this:
As you grow in Spiritual finesse remember there should be no distinction between Spirituality and Health. Both should flourishing in equal importance and celebration of the other. Both are necessary conditions to create the peace and harmony you deserve in your life.
The integration of your mind, body and Spirit is the ultimate goal to bring about the freedom you seek on the journey of life. One without the other could never fully support the attainment of ‘Nirvana’, ‘Heaven‘ or Liberation.
Taking care of your health is your Spiritual obligation to God, for you are a disciple of His Love. Taking care of your health is your Spiritual duty to yourself, for your body is the Temple of your Soul.
How to begin your Journey towards Health
As I mentioned at the beginning of this page, there is a ton of information on Health throughout this website. But to get you started here are few tips to point you in the right direction:
- Gradually begin the process of replacing junk food with Whole food.
- Alkaline or Acid? Know the difference and what foods promote the best environment for optimum health.
- HFCS, SOY, GMO are destroying your bio-chemistry. Find out more and how to take control of your health.
- The good, the bad and the ugly, get the facts on fat and know which ones are literally poisoning your body.
- The wonders of Water! Get rid of the soda one bottle at a time and opt for a glass of water instead.
- Physical exercise is key to a healthy life. Try it, you might love it! Walk to church instead of driving.
- Embark on a brand new journey of appreciation and celebration of you. Start the nurturing process from a mind, body and Spirit perspective.
- Who are you? What do you enjoy? What are your hopes, dreams and aspirations?
- Living consciously plants the seeds from which spring forth goodness. Learn how to live better.
- Begin reading every single page of this website, it was written to give you all the tools and information you need to help you live a full and healthy life within a holistic framework.
- Be kind, gentle, patient and loving to yourself.
Would it surprise you to know that technology can impact your electro-magnetic field and increase your sense of Spiritual connection? LifeFlow Meditation 2.0 is a brain entrainment system that according to scientist, is one of the most powerful tools for accelerating your personal growth.
Incorporating this technology can improve your health, enhance your sense of well-being, reduce stress, alter your emotional state and yes, help you experience a deeper Spiritual connection (plus a list of other benefits). Click the LifeFlow Meditation 2.0 link to find out more and how brainwave technology is used to create frequencies that impact and resonate the body at a cellular level.
Or if you prefer, sign up for your free meditation course Now to see how this remarkable brainwave entrainment can seriously improve your life! Simply click the image below. You’ll be glad you did. 🙂
Join discussions and contributions on our Community page and feel free to submit your own.
“A journey of a thousand miles, begins with the first step.”…
Previous Page ← Spirituality and Wealth
Do you want to lose weight and improve your health? Ready to get results?
Why wait? Take action NOW and hire me as your Personal Life Coach.
It’s easy as 1 2 3 to get started:
- Choose your Coaching Package.
- Complete the required form.
- I will contact you within 24 hours to schedule our first session.
Done! Congratulations, you have just taken your first step to changing your life.